CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Surgeon and the Psychiatrist

(this one is for you Rachel :)

I hate propagate stereotypes however this was a call i made this morning and afterward i had to laugh. Granted i was post-call after a 30 hour shift and had no ride home. still, no excuse. I reprimand myself!

Surgeon: Dr. Psychiatrist, i have a consult for you. She is a 13 y.o. girl who was involved in an MVA in which her uncle was killed and she sustained pelvic fractures. She is a sweet girl who is morbidly obese and has a history of depression and self-cutting. I am concerned that her grief and trauma will put her at risk for this behavior again.

Psychiatrist: wow that will be tough

Surgeon: yeah sorry (me being the sleep deprived, selfish, overworked person i am assumed that he meant that this would be a tough consult for him thus causing more work)

Psychiatrist: No, i meant it must be tough for her to deal with all her problems (being the kind, patient focused, well slept person he is)

Oh well, at least i realize my weaknesses. I will admit when i pray for no more traumas it is so i can go to bed, not so no one else will get hurt. Maybe i am a bad person. sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment