CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My second home, the airport

It is 8:34am and I am sitting in the airport in Albuquerque, NM. I am on my way to Seattle but of course have to change planes to get there and I have a 2 hour layover.

I must say that I love the fact that most airports these days have wireless internet. I honestly don't mind layovers because they give me a chance to pee in a real bathroom, get some food, and get some space. I was resisting this trip all day yesterday and therefore feel a little unprepared because i sat on the couch last night instead of getting ready. In my resistance I also decided that I would go to the airport at 6am for my 6:55 flight.

Normally this would not be such a bad idea, the Tucson airport is pretty quiet and i have always gotten through in 10-20 minutes. Today however i walked in to find a HUGE line for Southwest as they had 5 flights leaving within the same hour. I started to get nervous but i soon realized that everyone else in line had not planned for this either and people with flights at 6:30 were just arriving. Needless to say, Southwest had quite a bunch of people to deal with and we got filtered this way and that and they had to delay flights but I we all made it to our respective flights just fine (i least everyone around me did!)

Now i know that even if I don't plan enough time, most likely I won't miss my flight. Not a great rule to live by, but when you are traveling as much as I am lately, it is nice knowledge to have in the back of your head :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment