CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First stop on the interview trail

So, where to begin? This has been a very enjoyable but very crazy week in Portland. I flew in on Friday and we have been running ever since. My wonderful aunt and uncle have taken me all over Portland, showing me cute shops downtown, specialty stores, delicious restaurants, and we even took a trip to the coast today. The weather has been fantastic, not too cold, very little misting, and i even saw the sun today.

Hidden in all of our fun was a very chill interview at Oregon Health and Science Center. The people there were very nice, very happy, and not intimidating in the least. Overall, i thought that it went very well.

It has been very nice to be with family and have someone to show me around. My cousins are quite entertaining and have not stopped talking since i got here. We (well i did at least) had a great time decorating the house for Christmas which was nice because i probably won't have a chance to do that at my house this year. From the many unique animals to the very rambunctious children, it has been an eventful week.

This morning I received an exciting but complicating call. I finally heard from Brown University but instead of asking me to come on Dec 8th like i had hoped, they invited me to come on Dec. 5. This is causing me to have to change all of my travel plans for the next week from flights to transportation, to hotels. Hopefully it is as wonderful as i imagine and well worth the trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment