CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

So i hate to start a blog with excuses but i feel that i must explain my long pause in postings. Once i finished all of my interviews, all i wanted to do was lay on my couch, play with my dog, and not think about anything. After doing nothing for two weeks, i headed to Kingman for my rural health family practice rotation. I really had planned on telling tales of my patients and life back in Kingman but i have been having some very annoying internet problems. Today is the first day that i have been able to play on the net in my own home (kinda) on my own computer so i am back.

As always, Kingman is great and terrible at the same time for me. I love the medicine, my family, and the slow pace of life here. On the other hand, my lungs hate the air here and i am back on a million meds just to breath. Despite my lack of oxygen, i have been enjoying myself. I see sweet elderly patients along with pregnant mommies all day. I have already had the pleasure of babysitting for all of my nieces (not at the same time), had many dinners with family, and have already delivered 3 babies with more to come this weekend.

While i am in Kingman, i am staying in the house the hospital owns with other medical students. There are 7 of us altogether and it is quite a full house. While it is a little like Real World on MTV, we all get along well and it is fun sharing stories and advice at the end of the day.

1 comments:

dina

You and William can commiserate - he was hospitalized over the weekend because of asthma. UGH! If only we could get his peak flows up to 300! We've done so many nebulizer treatments we've lost count!

Hey - hug on all of the girls for us, okay? REALLY looking forward to seeing you all in May!

*smootch*

Your auntie Dina

Post a Comment