CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So close but so far away

These last couple of weeks have been filled with lots of traveling, hard decisions, and uncertainty. For someone who likes to be very planned, organized, and think through her choices, all of my spontaneity of late has left me a little unsettled. While i am glad that i was bold and wrote to the program directors of my top choice programs and the results were very encouraging the last minute changes have been hard. I hope that i am making the right choices.

I really struggled when i had to choose between interviewing at University of Washington or Vanderbilt but when it came down to it, the people at Vanderbilt were so overwhelming nice that i could not say no and i am excited to go there. I will interview at Good Sam in Phoenix on Thursday and fly from Phoenix to Nashville immediately after (and when i say immediately i mean i hope i don't miss my flight!).

Anyway, I am tired, mildly depressed, over traveling, and done spending money but i only have a couple interviews left and i know will make it. I am really looking forward to going home to kingman for a month and getting away from the whole interview scene. In fact, i plan to try to go a whole month without thinking about residency at all!!

Well, that is where i am at in life. I will take all well wishes, prayers, etc for stamina, wisdom, safety, and all other good things.

2 comments:

dina

Just so you know - no day dawns (he he!) without a prayer being whispered for you, dear one! Seriously - I've been thinking of you much and wondering how it was all going.

Know that you're loved much!

Nicole Linn

Hi Sister. Love you. Hope your interviews go well and soon we will drink coffee together and chat and I am going to LOVE FEBRUARY. :)

Post a Comment