CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Puppies and Kids

While we did not get Ichiban as a child replacement, when our attempts to make a baby were unsuccessful we still felt the desire to expand our family. Ichi has been great at adding something special and giving Chris and I a new focus. I always thought that people who called their dogs their "babies" or "children" were very silly and somewhat over adoring of their pets. After a fantastic week of dog owning, I am beginning to see how easily the comparison can be made. Our little puppy sleeps most of the day, loves to snuggle, and loves his stuffed animals. He also requires me to get up at least three times a night to take him to go pee, even when it is raining outside. Yes, i have found myself standing in the rain at 3am in my flip-flops and pajamas telling my dog to "go outside" (which means pee already!) . He also is having problems wetting his bed when he is asleep and we have had to wash his bed sheets four times in the last week! As with children though, we love him anyway and can't help but rub his belly and smile. He went to the vet today for his shots and he only yelped a little, for being so good he got to go to the dog park and make some new friends. Such a good puppy :)

2 comments:

Megan

although it thrills me to read about your lovely dog, I think you should write about YOU too :) lol i love you!

Megan

By the way the last comment was from Hannah not megan i just don't have a gmail :)

Post a Comment