CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Sheba Scream

So I have had a long and somewhat sad three weeks (see blog later) and since yesterday was my last day in the Pediatric ICU, Chris and I bough pizza, wings, an beer, watched our favorite show on DVR and decided to stay up late and sleep in this morning. The plan was going well and I was happily snuggled in my husband arms when we heard the scream.

If you ever read about sheba inu's, it will tell you they have a distinctive "scream". I sat straight up in bed as did Chris when we heard this high pitched, super loud, fairly tragic sounding screaming coming from the backyard. Ichiban had been outside for about two hours and when we found him after grabbing a robe and dashing outside, he was in the corner of the yard screaming like no other. Chris got him to the porch and we put our arms around him and tried to calm him down. We examined his legs, paws, face, body, everything over and over to make sure he was not hurt. I brought him inside while chris looked around the yard for the cause.

My puppy seems ok now, though he is extra snuggly and wants lots of love today. We never found what caused our baby to scream, I think it must have been a snake or scorpion. Anyway, it was quite a way to wake up and needless to say our sleep in morning was lost.

1 comments:

Nicole Linn

HAAAAAAAA! It IS just like having a baby! :0)

Post a Comment