CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Lessons Learned

In the last couple of weeks i have learned many little lessons of patience and choices. While I really like Utah, there are a few things that drive me nutty. First, the stoplights. Every morning (well almost) I sit at at least 5-6 red lights in a row. i stop, go 10 feet, stop again, wait, go 10 feet, stop again, etc. One morning i got so frustrated (remember i go to work at 3:30am so i am the only car on the road) so i decided to take a different route. Bad choice, i ended up running into construction, going in a big circle and ending up pretty much where i started 15 minutes later. Patience learned? yes. later in the week i was cleaning my house (as i often do b/c i am a clean freak and i live with two other girls) and i went to take out the trash. When I went to go back inside the door was locked! Little did i know that if the lock is a certain direction it automatically locks itself! of course my phone was inside, my whole life was inside and i was stuck outside. So i did the only thing i knew to do, I ran to stay warm and thankfully one of my roommates came home 45 minutes later. The last of my tales this week is probably my personal saddest. I made the poor decision to let a boy(who looked 16) in a salon on the corner wax my eyebrows. Again, bad choice, i now have two short, thin lines of hair above my eyes that used to be my eyebrows.

Despite all of these unfortunate occurrences, I had a pretty good week. I worked on the general surgery service, I shopped at a great outdoor mall and found a very nice suit for interviews. I discovered Cold Stone flavored jelly bellys, I have learned to love my long walks to and from work, and I even had time to catch a movie.

P.S. I must apologize for all of the whining that occurred last week. Apparently I experienced an unusual short-lived cold-front that by Tuesday had passed. I am now living in what many of you told me I should be enjoying, the Fall. The leaves have suddenly changed to beautiful yellow, oranges, reds, and browns and are fluttering in the breeze outside. The early morning and late evenings are chilly but during the day it is all sunshine. It is really quite pleasant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment